Reflection

A drama production at work toddy. Erasing the stigma. One in 5 Canadians will suffer from mental illness at some point in their lives. A staggering statistic. Watching the play I couldn't help but think about some of my darker times. Nothing compared to what I saw in the play, but still bad enough that I could not answer the phone, vacuum the entire apartment. I felt like my entire energy store went to keeping up the facade that I was ok. I wasn't. I know that now, I think I knew that then. I have flirted with traces of that recently, but never like it was. 
   I thank Chris for that. The love that he gives me. The enormous tower of strength that he is. For him I can not sink as deep as I could. When he looks at me with those blue eyes so sad and worried, I am pulled back. He would do anything to keep me from sinking. He sees beyond the facade. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog