A moment perfect

I am engaged. Officially. Formally. Chris asked. I said yes. It took minutes to realize this was serious. Me and him. The official proposal. I have a fiancé, including a keyboard that knows to put the accent on fiancé. He is my fiancé. My betrothed.
  Stuck in my head is the chorus from that rod Stewart song, "you're in my heart, you're in my soul, you'll be my breath when I grow old, you are my lover, you are my best friend." The rest of the lyrics don't match, but the chorus is so true. Nothing makes more sense. I just look at him sometimes and I am breathless with love for him. I can hardly believe how matched he is for me. 
   Standing in the kitchen, when I realized he wasn't joking, that he was serious I saw that I was wearing one red tipped white converse ankle sock. And frying meatballs for meatball subs. Not at all how I pictured the moment, but could anything have been more us. Good grief, talking about cell phones minutes before then he is telling me he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and asking me to marry him. As I cook food to turn into sandwiches. 
 He makes me feel beautiful.

Songs that I want to play for him 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog